Goals & Purpose
Session 1 – Introduction
- This session serves as an introduction to the course.
Session 2 – Getting Started: Establishing Yourself and Your Classroom
- This session will explore principles of classroom management that help you establish your classroom and create an effective learning environment.
Session 3 – Developing Relationships in the Classroom
- This session is an examination of effective communication in three areas: non-verbal, verbal praise, and written (paper and electronic).
Session 4 – Understanding Cultural Diversity
- This session goes over how appreciating and accommodating the similarities and differences among students' cultures can build relationships with culturally diverse students.
Session 5 – Behavior Management
- This session explores the importance of communication when dealing with behaviors and how case studies can help us to understand student behaviors.
Session 6 – Course Wrap Up
- This session is a conclusion to the course.